We believe that by bringing together an international community of professionals this Conference will have a positive influence on society. However, we realise that international conferences such as this will have a negative side effects for the environment. We are striving to reduce these side effects by:
- Encouraging participants to travel by train when possible.
- Asking participants to offset the CO2 emissions of their flights via their airline or via sites like Greenseat, MyClimate, or Atmosfair.
- Offering vegetarian catering only.
- Encouraging participants to book sustainable accommodation.
- Hosting the Conference in a Golden Green Key certificated venue.
- Not handing out useless goodie bags. (Looks like you’ll have to get that branded 1 Gb USB drive that you so desire elsewhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
We are open to further suggestions.
In the share & reuse spirit of the Conference: feel free to re-use this sustainability statement: it is in the public domain (CC0).