We believe that this conference will have a positive influence on society, by bringing together an international community of professionals. However, we realise that international conferences such as these will have a negative side effects for the environment. We strive to reduce these side effects by:
- Encouraging participants to travel by train when possible.
- Asking the participants to offset the CO2 emissions of their flights via their airline of via sites like Greenseat, MyClimate, or Atmosfair.
- Offering vegetarian catering only.
- Encouraging participants to book sustainable accommodations.
- Hosting the conference in a Golden Green Key certified venue.
- Not handing out useless goodie bags. Looks like you’ll have to get that branded 1 Gb USB drive that you so desire elsewhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
We are open to further suggestions.
In the share & re-use spirit of the the conference: feel free to re-use this sustainability statement: it is in the public domain (CC0).