Are you hosting a session, workshop or presentation? Excellent! That way you will help build an international community that strives towards a more user-centered and citizen-centered government.
On this page you will find all the information that you need as a speaker.
What can you expect as a speaker / session host?
- Naturally, you are invited to attend other sessions.
- You will have plenty of opportunities to network and exchange views and experiences with interesting people from around the world.
- As attendance of this Conference is free we are not able to offer Speaker/Session Hosts any financial compensation.
- The Conference is a joint effort by many people around the world. We encourage you to help us spread the news of the Conference via your (online) network.
This section will be updated regularly.
- Please register as a Conference participant, so we know which days you intend to attend.
- Please refer to the programme to see when your session is planned.
- Did you indicate you are willing to host your session twice? Please make sure you check the sessions on both Tuesday 19 Nov and Wednesday 20 Nov.
- There are overhead projectors in each room. The projector aspect ratio is 16:9.
- There is a Windows laptop in each room. You can take your presentation on a USB stick and use the laptop provided. Please save your presentation in a Windows compatible format.
- If you plan on using your own laptop, there is a standard HDMI cable you can use. You may need to bring your own connector cable.
- There is a wireless internet connection and a sound system in the breakout rooms.
- Please make sure you make an easily accessible (online) backup of your presentation, in case of loss of your physical copy.
- Please email your presentation (with your name and presentation title in the filename) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 November, so we can publish it online during and after the conference.
- One of our crew will receive you in the room where you host your session. He or she will help you to connect your presentation and will help you with any questions.
- There is no seperate signup for the breakout sessions: participants can choose the sessions on the spot. If you have a maximum number of participants, tell the crew member that receives you so he or she can limit the number of participants.
- It is not possible to stick paper or anything else on the walls of the rooms.
- There is a 15 minute change-over time between sessions. Please do not exceed the end time of your session, so participants and session hosts have enough time to change rooms.
- We encourage you to travel by public transport, as the venue is right near the central station of Rotterdam. However, there are several parking garages right near the venue if you want to come by car. The venue itself does not have parking spots available.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email@example.com.