Would you like to host a session, workshop or presentation? Excellent! That way you will help build an international community that strives towards a more user-centered and citizen-centered government. On this page you can find all the information that you need as a speaker. This page will be updated regularly.
Update 8 July
- We still encourage Dutch organizations to submit excursion proposals (info in Dutch).
- We have received over 60 sessions proposals. Thank you! We did a first selection round and we gave feedback to the proposals we received.
- For the second selection round we are now looking for more session proposals …
- on content / content design;
- on inclusion and accessibility;
- on sharing and re-using training materials and workshop designs;
- from Asia and Africa;
- from the EU, but excluding the Netherlands and the UK, as we already have received many coming from these countries.
- Do you have a session that does not meet those criteria? Please contact us first, to avoid disappointment.
- For the second round (proposals that were sent in after 1 June) we will make selections in September. So you may not hear from us for a while.
Type of sessions
We are looking for:
- Presentations, workshops and masterclasses by professionals working in the fields of service design, user-centered policy making and related fields.
- Share, translate and re-use sessions, in which you share your educational material (workshop templates, online courses, etc.), the tools you developed, etc. The idea is to go beyond inspiring participants and to provide them with material and tools they can use the next day. For example: have participants translate an online maturity score or provide them with a translated version of a workshop game about service design. We’d love to hear about your ideas!
- Half-day excursions for international visitors in the afternoon on the pre-conference day (nov 18). Do you have an interesting project or approach to show international guests? And do you want to connect international participants to their peers in your organisation, by receiving them and showing them around? Then please suggest an excursion. More details about excursions in Dutch.
What can you expect as a speaker / session host?
- Naturally, you are invited to take part in the conference as an attendee to other sessions.
- You will have plenty of opportunities to network and learn from interesting people across the world.
- As this is a free conference, we are not able to offer any financial compensation.
- There are overhead projectors in each room. Please take your own laptop if you plan to use one.
- The conference is a joint effort by many people across the world. We encourage you to help us spread the news of the conference via your (online) network.
SELECTION & SUBMISSION PROCESS
(This information is subject to change.)
- [June-July: first round of session submissions] If your session was selected, we will ask you to provide us with more details about your session. If we can, we will let you know earlier whether your session was selected.
- [Now- August: second round of session submissions] Submit the outline of your session .
- [September] The Gebruiker Centraal action team, consisting of professionals working in the field of government (digital) services, will select the sessions for the second round of proposals, assisted by the International Design in Government community.
- [October]. You will receive more details about when and where your session will take place.
Open for ideas & cool stuff
We are more than open for ideas that will make the conference better. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have ideas for sessions, social events, demonstrations, a marketplace, a comic relief during breaks, you name it.